(Last revision: June 6, 2017)
As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Application, Site, services, features and content, to administer your use of the Application and Site (together, the "Service") and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Application and Site.
Personally Identifiable Information.
- When you register with us through the Service or when you choose to link your Account to an account you maintain with a third party (“Third Party Account”), we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you or a third party ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, an individual's name, phone number, email address and home and business postal addresses. We collect your name and email address in connection with registration to use the Service. If you choose to link your Account with any Third Party Accounts, we may collect the additional types of Personal Information described above from the user content contained in such Third Party Accounts. If you opt in to import your mobile device address book via the Service, we may collect the additional types of Personal Information described above from the user content contained in such address book. We use the Personal Information you provide mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and your use of the Service (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own), geolocation information, and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information").
- We use Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non- Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non- identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine the Personal Information you provide with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Tact.ai Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Service is used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Tact.ai newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (See "Changing or Deleting Information," below.)
Sharing your personal information:
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so. We may share your personal information within Tact.ai and its affiliated companies and with third party service providers for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may also share your personal information with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested product or transaction, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of personal information necessary to complete/utilize the requested product or transaction, and the third parties are not permitted to use your personal information except for limited purpose of completing/providing the requested product or transaction.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your personal information and other related information, if necessary. we also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We may collect and possibly share personal information and any other additional information available to us in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Tact.ai's terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
We will ask for your consent before we use or share your information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise provided by this policy. In order to let us know your preferences, we will require an action on your part, such as checking the appropriate option, to indicate your consent.
Linked websites and third-party services.
Our Services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
Consent to transfer, processing and storage of personal information.
We may transfer your personal information to the United States, to any Tact.ai affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage, and by providing any personal information you fully understand and unambiguously consent to such transfer, processing and storage of such information.
When you visit the Service, whether as a User or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a "Tact.ai User"), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service, pages of our Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. From users of the Application, we also collect Log Data such as agent version, platform, SDK version, API key for the Application, Application version, mobile device model, manufacturer and version, access times and dates, time zones and network status.
We use service providers such as Google Analytics, Hockey and Mixpanel to collect, monitor and analyze this information in order to increase our Service's functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Service to our visitors' needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Application and Site meet the criteria required to process their requests. Accordingly, Log Data is shared with Google, Hockey and Mixpanel, which have their own privacy policies (accessible at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/,
and https://mixpanel.com/privacy/, respectively) addressing how each party uses such information.
Like many websites, Tact.ai uses technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, which allow us to make your visit to our website easier, more efficient and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
A cookie cannot read personal data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites; indeed, the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. accepting the cookies used on our website may give us access to information about your browsing behavior, which we may use to personalize your experience and track user traffic patterns, and to merge this info when you register. We do this in order to determine the usefulness of our website information to our users and to see how effective our navigational structure is in helping users reach that information. You may browse most of Tact.ai’s website without accepting cookies from Tact.ai; however, some website functionality may be lost by disabling cookies on your computer. Other Tact.ai web pages, particularly those which require a login and password, require cookies and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
In addition, Tact.ai uses web beacons in conjunction with cookies to understand user behavior. web beacons are simply a convenient way of gathering basic statistics and managing cookies, and do not give away any extra information from your computer. turning off your browser’s cookies will prevent web beacons from tracking your specific activity. if you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website or via html-formatted emails, you can set your browser to warn you before it accepts cookies or refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser. you may browse most of the Tact.ai website without accepting cookies; however, some website functionality may be lost by disabling cookies on your computer. Other Tact.ai web pages, particularly those which require a login and password, require cookies and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
Security of your personal information.
Tact.ai is committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. we utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit. We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your personal information when you are on the internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Questions or comments?
please send an email to email@example.com.